Thank you for visiting the Website of the Fifth Ukrainian Gas Forum.
For purposes of this Policy, “Website” or “Websites” shall mean all aforementioned web-based platforms and pages within the domaines of ukrgasforum.org, ukrgasforum.com and “Websites” shall mean all pages within these domains.
Expert Council registered by the Department of state registration of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs of Shevchenkivska district state administration in Kyiv (EDRPOU 38619251; Ukraine, Kyiv, G.Timofeeva str.,3, phone +38-050-447-63-42).
Place of storage and processing of personal data – 03055, Ukraine, Kyiv, G.Timofeeva str.,3.
The Websites are hosted on servers, operated by «Hosting Ukraine», LLC, located in Ukraine, Kyiv, 04112 , P.O box 65.
Pursuant to the Law of Ukraine No. 2297 -VI «On Personal Data Protection» as of 1 June, 2010 and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we function in the capacity of a “processor” for the services we provide. The scope of applicable data protections and processing for those Services are set forth in contractual agreements covering the relevant data processing.
Controller versus Processor. We need to process certain personal information in order to maintain and provide the Services to our Clients, such as names, addresses, email addresses, and banking details for designated Client representatives or personnel (“Client Relationship Data”). In addition, we may send marketing materials or communications to potential or existing Clients (“Marketing Activities”). For purposes of Client Relationship Data and Marketing Activities, we function as a “data controller” under GDPR.
- Information We May Collect
You may provide your personal information to us when you visit our Sites and express interest in obtaining information from us or in engaging with us. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
In some cases, we will ask for your consent so that we may process your personal information. However, in certain circumstances, applicable data protection laws allow us to process your personal information without needing to obtain your consent. Those situations might include:
- For the performance of a contract.
To perform our contractual obligations to you, including our fulfilling orders or requests you have made, contacting you in relation to any issues with your order or use of our Services, or where we need to provide your Personal Data to our service providers related to the provision of the Services.
- To comply with legal obligations.
To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process.
- Legitimate Interests.
To operate our business and provide our Services (other than in performing our contractual obligations to you) for our “legitimate interests” and for the purposes of applicable law, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests may include:
- To communicate with you regarding the Services, including to provide you important notices regarding changes to our operations and to address and respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints.
- For our direct marketing purposes.
- To send you surveys in connection with our Services.
- To assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties.
- To develop, provide, and improve our Services.
The information you provide may include the following:
- Your first and last name, email address, company name, country and area of interest when you register with the website for services or events and voluntarily provide the information.
- Banking details provided as part of the fee settlement procedures.
- Information you may choose to provide in response to an email or phone contact with us that you have requested.
- Information obtained from satisfaction and product surveys that you may have opted in to receive.
Visitors who provide information to us about the company for which they work are presumed to have the authority to provide such information.
Registration and Marketing
To use certain portions of our Sites and to access certain requested content and information, a user must first complete registration and request forms. During registration and requests, users are required to provide personal information. This information is used to provide the user with a more personalized online experience, to process requests and orders, to track references and topics of interest and to contact the user about products and services on the Websites for which they have expressed interest. You will only receive communications from us if you have consented to this at the time of registering or through other communications with us. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please contact email@example.com
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, we also automatically collect and store certain anonymous information from visitors on our Sites. This may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or device ID, operating system, browser type, username, the pages of the Sites that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access dates and times, and location data sufficient to understand if certain regional offerings of our products are utilized. We may also collect the Internet address of the site that you visited before accessing the Sites and/or Websites. We use this information to monitor, analyze and administer the Sites and Websites, and to better tailor them to your needs. We also use this information to monitor usage of the Sites and Websites, analyze trends, administer the Sites and Websites, track user movement, personalize the user experience, and gather broad demographic information about our users.
We may also capture “clickstream data” about your Website usage. Clickstream data includes information about your “clicks” or actions on our Websites, such as what you see or click on during your visit and how you interacted with certain features. It can include information about your computer or device, web browser and operating system and settings and may include referrer URL information that is automatically passes to us (that is, information about where the user came from before arriving on our Website, which may include search terms included in the URL string.
To collect this information, we use a variety of technological tools including cookies and click tracking: a cookie is a small data file that is sent from a website and stored on your computer or device. Cookies allow us to recognize your browser when you return to our Sites, to serve certain features, to better understand how you interact with our Sites, and to monitor aggregated usage of our sites.
- Remembering that customers have already given a user name and password, so that they do not need to input these data every time they visit the Site or move from one web page to another within the Site.
- Estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic.
- Gathering information on how visitors use the Site, so as to help us improve the way the Site works and to improve our service to users.
Third-Party Cookies on Ukrgasforum.org
We do not use or track third parties to collect, track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and statistical information from users.
- How We May Use Your Information:
The Expert Council uses contact and other information voluntarily given by our Sites’ and Websites’ users or obtained through Sites’ and/or Websites’ tracking to deliver, maintain, develop and monitor the Sites and Websites and services and to enhance user experience on our Sites and/or Websites by personalizing the experience. Information we collect may also be used in the following ways:
- Participants of the Professional Events are entered in a list containing their first and last name, and their company or institutional affiliation. This list is distributed to all members of the professional events and to these events’ sponsors.
- To register you as a user of the Website.
- To identify you when you visit the Sites and Websites, including assisting you with logging in.
- To provide our services and Information to you and to notify you about changes to our services and/or the Websites.
- To keep you posted on the services and program updates of the Events. You may opt out anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enable attendance at our events, provide newsletters/alerts, and fulfil other requests.
- To ensure the content on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner.
- To help administer our Sites, Websites, and services generally, including providing you with support and otherwise taking action to ensure that our services are operating as expected.
- To plan future content, services and events based on users’ interests and our assessment of important trends and issues in the industries we serve.
- We may use visitors IP address to determine roughly where users are located, so that we can deliver advertisements to them while they are on our Site and Websites.
- Who Else May Use Your Data
As part of its regular operating processes, the Expert Council does not share this personal information with third parties or affiliates, other than Affiliated Third Parties directly involved in the organization or promotion of Professional Events. These Affiliated Third Parties are barred from sharing this personal information with any other natural person or legal entity.
The Expert Council may share your personal information with third parties in the following exceptional circumstances:
- As required by law to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of the Expert Council or other Websites’ users.
Links to Other Websites
- Your Data Rights
You have the right to request confirmation from us as to whether or not we are processing your Personal Data in our capacity as a Controller. Where we are processing your Personal Data as a Controller, you also have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of such Personal Data.
You also have the right in certain circumstances to receive the Personal Data concerning you that you provided to us, to restrict processing of your Personal Data, or to transmit such data to another controller.
To exercise these rights with respect to your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com
If you want to stop receiving future marketing messages and materials, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in our email marketing messages or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to protecting the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data through the use of a variety of commercially reasonable, industry standard physical, administrative and technical safeguards. This includes, but is not limited to access controls, employee training, industry-standard encryption, firewalls, and server authentication technology to protect data when the Sites are accessed using a supported web browser. We host data in a secure server and cloud-based environment that use firewalls and other industry-standard technology in an effort to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
The Internet, however, is not perfectly secure and we are not responsible for security incidents not reasonably foreseeable or reasonably within our control.
We require that you maintain the confidentiality of your user names and passwords. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately.
- Data Retention:
The Expert Council retains data for as long as necessary to provide its Professional Services and access to the Websites to you or as long as legally permissible in accordance with applicable Ukrainian law, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, comply with applicable industry standards, and in accordance with disaster recovery procedures.
- Site and Service Updates
We occasionally send customers and users website and service announcement updates. Customers are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the services which they have purchased.
We communicate with users via email, postal mail or phone to provide requested services and to make them aware of issues relating to their account.
Right to Alert a Supervisory Authority: You may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have concerns or complaints regarding you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.